GRNTI 44.31 Теплоэнергетика. Теплотехника
GRNTI 45.01 Общие вопросы электротехники
GRNTI 55.42 Двигателестроение
GRNTI 55.45 Судостроение
GRNTI 73.34 Водный транспорт
The article touches upon the problem of technogenic risks arising in the course of building and operating oil and gas complexes in the Caspian Sea taking into account the adoption of the Convention on the legal status of the Caspian Sea and regulation of the territorial division of the Caspian Sea. Technological risks are presented from the position of safety of industrial facilities in the offshore area and in the coastal zone, the impact of these facilities on the ecology of the Caspian is considered. The risk analysis was carried out taking into account world experience, as well as incidents that occurred at the offshore oil and gas production facilities in the Caspian Sea. There has been presented the layout of oil and gas fields at the bottom of the Caspian Sea and the division of the bottom based on adopting the Convention. A general description of the Caspian Sea has been given; unique features of the Caspian and the most unexplored seismic effects have been stated. It has been recommended to conduct a comprehensive assessment of the state of the seabed according to seismological, mud, volcanic and engineering-geological conditions; to develop measures for preventing and reducing the damage from hazardous natural processes and exploitation of oil and gas fields; to forecast the fluctuations of the Caspian Sea level, taking into account today’s economic activity; to study the natural and technogenic factors determining the environmental safety of the Caspian Sea; to monitor seismic phenomena, crustal movement in zones of tectonic faults at the sea bottom, etc. The speed and direction of wind currents in the Caspian Sea have been analyzed. The maps of mud volcanoes location in the Caspian basin (located on land, hidden and identified by seismic, geological, geophysical and geochemical methods, etc.) are illustrated. Conclusions are made about the high risks for developing hydrocarbon deposits in the Caspian Sea basin. There is the need to take into account environmental requirements and standards, to use modern technologies, to prevent incidents at offshore oil and gas production facilities.
the Caspian Sea, Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea, oil and gas production, technogenic danger, seismic danger, risk, earthquakes, mud volcanoes, legal order
1. Konvenciya o pravovom statuse Kaspijskogo morya [Convention on the Legal Status of the Caspian Sea]. Available at: https://ria.ru/20191001/1559318075.html (accessed: 02.09.2019).
2. Panasenko D. N. Mezhdunarodno-pravovoj rezhim ekosistemnogo upravleniya prirodnymi resursami Kaspijskogo morya: monografiya [International legal regime of the ecosystem management of natural resources of the Caspian Sea: monograph]. Astrahan', Izd. dom «Astrahanskij universitet», 2007. 363 p.
3. Alekperov V. Yu., Maganov R. U. Realii i vektory razvitiya neftegazovoj promyshlennosti v rossijskom sektore Kaspijskogo morya [Realities and vectors of development of oil and gas industry in Russian sector of the Caspian Sea]. Moscow, Zebra-PR Publ., 2018. 218 p.
4. Terent'ev D. Kaspijskij gambit [Caspian Gambit]. Available at: https://argumenti.ru/politics/2018/08/582229 (accessed: 02.09.2019).
5. Kurapov A. A., Popov N. V., Ostrovskaya E. V. Ekologicheskaya bezopasnost' neftyanyh operacij na melkovodnom shel'fe. Mezhdunarodnaya praktika i opyt rossijskih kompanij na Severnom Kaspii [Environmental safety of oil operations on shallow shelf. International practice and experience of Russian companies in the North Caspian]. Astrahan', Izd-vo KaspMNIC, 2006. 266 p.
6. Bekashev K. A., Hodakov A. G. Mezhdunarodnoe morskoe pravo: universal'nye dogovory [Interna-tional Law of the Sea: Universal Treaties]. Mezhdunarodnoe publichnoe pravo: sbornik dokumentov. Vol. 2. Moscow, BEK Publ., 1996. 539 p. Pp. 242-357.
7. SP 14.13330.2018 «Stroitel'stvo v sejsmicheskih rajonah» [SP 14.13330.2018 Construction in seismic areas]. Moscow, Minstroj Rossii, 2018. 125 p.
8. Solodilov L. N. Koncepciya bezopasnosti Kaspijskogo bassejna v svyazi s razvitiem infrastruktury TEK. Prognoz i kontrol' geodinamicheskoj i ekologicheskoj obstanovok v regione Kaspijskogo morya v svyazi s razvitiem neftegazovogo kompleksa [Security concept of the Caspian basin in connection with developing infrastructure of fuel and energy complex. Forecast and control of geodynamic and environmental conditions in the Caspian Sea region in connection with development of oil and gas complex]. Materialy Mezhdunarodnogo nauchno-organizacionnogo seminara po programme «Geoekokaspij-neft'» (Baku, Astrahan', 24–26 iyunya 1998 g.). Moscow, Nauchnyj mir Publ., 2000. 197 p. Pp. 15-24.
9. Povestka dnya na XXI v. [Agenda for the XXI century]. Materialy Konferencii OON po okruzhayush-chej srede i razvitiyu (Rio-de-Zhanejro, 03–14 iyunya 1992 g.). Rio-de-Zhanejro, 1993. 417 p. Available at: https://www.un.org/ru/documents/decl_conv/declarations/riodecl.shtml (accessed: 02.09.2019).
10. Panasenko D. N. Transgranichnoe zagryaznenie Kaspijskogo morya nefteproduktami [Transboundary pollution of the Caspian Sea with oil products]. Vestnik Kaspiya, 2008, no. 3, pp. 59-70.
11. Gidrometeorologicheskie usloviya shel'fovoj zony morej SSSR. Vol. 2. Kaspijskoe more [Hydromete-orological conditions of shelf zone of seas of the USSR. Vol. 2. The Caspian Sea]. Pod redakciej F. S. Terzieva. Leningrad, Gidrometeoizdat, 1986. 268 p.
12. Aliev A. A. Gryazevye vulkany Kaspijskogo morya [Mud volcanoes of the Caspian Sea]. Geologiya i poleznye iskopaemye Mirovogo okeana, 2014, no. 1, pp. 33-44.
13. Muir D. C. G., Wegemann R., Lockhart W. L. Heavy metal and organic contaminants in Arctic marine fish. Environmental Studies, Indian and Affairs. 42. Canada, Ottawa, 1987. 64 p.
14. Karbalaali H., Qayyum F., Groot P., Javaherian A. Shallow Geohazard Channel Identification Based On Novel Seismic Interpretation Techniques in South Caspian Sea. 80th EAGE Conference and Exhibition 2018 (Copenhagen, Denmark, 11–14 June 2018). URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/327860742_Shallow_Geohazard_Channel_Identification_Based_On_Novel_Seismic_Interpretation_Techniques_in_South_Caspian_Sea (accessed: 02.09.2019).