Doctor of Economics,
Elena Prokofievna Karlina was born on December 13, 1957 in Stendal (Germany).
In 1980, she graduated from the Faculty of Economics of the Leningrad Institute of Finance and Economics (LIFE) named after N. A. Voznesenskiy (now St. Petersburg State University of Economics (SPSUEF - FINEC)) on a specialty "Economics of Labour".
During two years (1980-1982) she taught at the Novocherkassk College of Food Industry.
In 1982, she got a place of a junior researcher at the Astrakhan Technical Institute of Fishing Industry and Economy (ATIRPiH), then she worked as an assistant of the department "Organization of Production". After postgraduate training in the specialty "Economics of Labour" (1984-1987) and defense of her thesis for the degree of Candidate of Economics in LIFE (1987) she returned to work in ATIRPiH. In 1997, she was elected as a head of the Department "Industrial Management and Business Organization" in Astrakhan State Technical University. She held a position of Assistant Professor (2000).
She graduated from full-time doctoral studies on the specialty "Economics and management of national economy" in St. Petersburg State University of Economics (2001-2004), successfully defended her thesis for the degree of Doctor of Economics (2004). In 2005, she took the post of professor and in 2013 she was awarded with a rank of Honorary Professor of the Astrakhan State Technical University.
Research interests: problems of regional economic complex; economic evaluation of investments; risk management; innovation management; mathematical methods and models in economics.
E. P. Karlina has published more than 120 scientific papers, including 7 monographs and assisted 17 candidates for economics.
For the recent years, under the supervision of E. P. Karlina there have been won:
– Grants: the Federal target program "Scientific and scientific-pedagogical personnel of innovative Russia" for 2009-2013;
– A competition for the execution of the State order of the Ministry of Economic Development of the Astrakhan region (MED SA) "The long-term forecast of the investment processes of the Astrakhan Region" (May-July 2013);
– A competition to perform research on the State order of autonomous institutions of the Astrakhan Region "Astrakhan Regional Innovation Center": "Marketing research aimed at the promotion of clusters of groups of participants at the Russian and foreign markets" (Treaty of 17.01 2014);
– A competition for the execution of the State contract "Development of strategies and programs of shipbuilding cluster in the Astrakhan region" (Treaty of 10.22.2014);
In addition, there have been organized and held:
– Educational program "The interaction with potential investors" commissioned by the Ministry of Economic Development in the Astrakhan region (June 2013);
– Educational seminars / trainings for small and (or) average business organizations of the Astrakhan region, citizens (including students) on the program "Tools of effective management and methods of their application for small and medium businesses" (July 2013).
E. P. Karlina takes an active part in economic and social life of the region: in collaboration with the Government of the Astrakhan region she has organized the round-table discussions on the issues of formation of investment, innovation, cluster policy in the region and the fisheries complex, on the issues of interaction of authorities and business, and developed a program of anti-crisis measures.
Currently, E. P. Karlina is a member of the committee in the Ministry of Economic Development of the Astrakhan region on carrying out the competition for vacancies of the public sector service and participates in the commission of the qualifying examination of the public sector workers. She is also a member of the Regional Duma committee for the examination of legislative acts, a member of the Presidium of the southern branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, a member of the Dissertation Council D 212.029.04 at the Volgograd State University and a chairman of the Editorial Board of the series "Economics" in the scientific journal "Vestnik of the Astrakhan State Technical University".
During her work in the Astrakhan State Technical University E. P. Karlina has been awarded:
– Honorary Certificate of the State Fisheries Committee of the Russian Federation (2000);
– Honorary Certificate of the State Duma of the Astrakhan region (2005);
– Honorary Certificate of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation (2012);
– Medals: "300 years of the Russian Fleet", "100 years of higher fishery education in Russia" (2014).
Over the last 3 years, E. P. Karlina has 6 certificates of acknowledgement from the Director of the Astrakhan State Technical University for the organization of scientific work.